pH Balancing in Ocala, FL
Turf grass is ideally grown in a slightly acid soil. Soil acidity is measured by a number called pH. The optimum pH range for lawns is 6.5 to 7.0. When a soil becomes too acid or alkaline, some nutrients used by the grass plant become unavailable. To insure maximum nutrient availability, soil pH must be in the optimum range.
When the soil pH is below 6.5 lime should be applied to the soil to adjust acidity. Soil pH above 7.0 is considered alkaline and then sulfur must be applied to lower the pH.
Your lawn’s soil pH levels are below the level recommended by agronomists for good lawn health. Lawn Doctor can treat this imbalance with an application of lime. The benefits of lime application far outweigh its low cost.
- Lime naturally brings the pH (acidity) level in balance with recommended levels for healthy lawns.
- Lime slows thatch build-up, which can choke growth and reduce turf density.
- Lime increases the effectiveness of fertilizer by making it more readily available to the grass plants.
- Lime reduces the possibility of lawn fungus problems.
Lawns need more than fertilizer to stay green. To help make fertilizer more effective, your lawn should be tested and balanced for proper pH. Proper pH levels promote favorable growing conditions - encouraging strong, hardy plants that are less susceptible to damage caused by disease. Sulfur corrects alkaline soil conditions by balancing the pH level and provides your lawn with many benefits, including:
- Slowing thatch build-up which can choke growth, reduce turf density, and harbor diseases and insects.
- Reducing iron chlorosis (yellowing) by making iron in the soil more available to the grass plant.
- Increasing the effectiveness of fertilizer.
- Reducing the potential for lawn fungus Sulfur applications work slowly to improve your soil.
Lawn Doctor’s Sulfur & Lime Programs will help you achieve the healthy, deep green lawn you deserve. You will not see an immediate dramatic effect, but over time you will see improvement in the vigor of your lawn. So get in balance, and give your lawn what it needs for optimal health. Call Lawn Doctor of Ocala, FL today!
Call 925-316-4501 to schedule your FREE On-Site evaluation today.
Contact Us Today Call 925-316-4501
Lawn Care Services
Zip Codes We Service
If you're not 100% satisfied - we'll make it right. It's that simple.